About the Database
Kitchen Table Democracy (formerly PCI) and NPCC have developed this database of public policy case studies to highlight the value of collaborative practices in state government. These include cases in the areas of Community Development, Energy, Environment, Health Care, Human Services, Telecommunications, and Transportation. Several cases also involve resolution of interagency conflicts.
We plan to continue building this database and would like help from state leaders, state DR programs, practitioners, etc., in identifying cases appropriate for this project.
These cases will help publicize your program; each one includes the name of the involved third-party neutral(s), the sponsoring organization(s), and the state DR program.
How to Submit Cases
The cases must:
- Pertain to policy development or implementation
- Involve state government
- Employ a collaborative approach
- Employ a neutral third party
- Result in tangible policy outcomes
If you have information on a case or cases that you think should be included in the database, please contact us with as much of the following information as possible.
- Who are the best contacts for this case? (Who can be interviewed about it?)
- What, if any, documentation is there for the case?
- What was the issue, and what specific factors led to the decision to implement a collaborative approach?
- Who initiated the collaborative process? (governor, agency, legislature, other)
- What agencies, businesses, and/or groups participated in the process?
- What were the key elements of the process?
- Who was the neutral third party? What role did he or she play?
- What was the end result? How did the process contribute to a favorable outcome?
- When was the project completed? How long did it take?